Enjoy a day visit to beautiful natural lake complex that comprises a string of 16 turquoise coloured lakes linked by 92 waterfalls and cascades surrounded by dense wooded mountains and lush vegetation.
At agreed time, our tour guide / driver will pick you up in Zagreb to start pleasant ride to the national park. On our way, first stop will be a visit to the Homeland War memorial in Turanj. The collection is set up on a battlefield of the worst fights of Croatia army which defended Karlovac and proves the importance of Turanj as an advance guard for Karlovac since the period of Ottoman Empire. After this intriguing history lesson enjoy short stop for a coffe in Rastoke. This village respresents an excellent introduction to the Plitvice Lakes as this location is often called as „Small Lakes of Plitvice“ because both destinations are connected with the same river. Apart from astonishing natural beauties, Rastoke are best known for its little waterfalls along the Slunjčica river and well-preserved mills and houses which represent the unique style of this region.
Once arriving at Plitvice Lakes national park, begins your adventure of discovering the whole park area accompanied by our knowledgeable tour guide. This park consists of 16 terraced lakes, formed by natural travertine dams. Depending on the angle of the sun’s rays and the mineral makeup of the water, lakes change colors throughout the day, from bright turquoise to gray. Enjoy the walk and be amazed by the preserved nature of the area. After the tour your tour guide will take you to the local restaurant where you can taste traditional dishes of this area (optional). He will gladly make some recommendations for food, drinks or even suvenirs. After the lunch, starts your pleasant drive to the final drop off location in Zagreb.
|All year long||
8:00 Pick Up in Zagreb
9:00 Visiting Homeland War Museum in Turanj
10:00 - 11:00 Visiting Rastoke and a coffee break
11:30 - 15:30 Sightseeing of Plitvice Lakes National Park with tour guide
16:00 - 17:00 Time for lunch
19:00 Drop off in Zagreb
- Visit Plitvice Lakes, a national park of exceptional beauty and a geological and hydrological phenomenon protected by UNESCO World Natural Heritage;
- Travel comfortably and enjoy the company of our experienced and knowledgeable tour guide;
- Visit the open-air Homeland War Museum (1991-1995) in Turanj – symbol of victory and return of new life emerging in war-torn areas;
- Discover a three hundred year old village of Rastoke, a place of autochthonous ecologic and ethnographic significance which serves as an introduction to the Plitvice Lakes;
- Save your time and money with our small group on this one day sightseeing tour.