* Varaždin and Trakošćan tour from Zagreb * Walking tour of a historic Baroque town * Visit the Varaždin Cemetery Entrance fees to Trakošćan Castle included * Pickup and drop-off in central Zagreb
Meet a guide at your centrally-located hotel in Zagreb, or at Zrinjevac Park, then make the 54-mile (87-km) trip to Varazdin in a climate-controlled vehicle. As you travel to Varazdin, the guide will share an overview of the city’s fascinating history, with fun stories about Croatian life and culture. Upon arrival, a local guide in Varazdin will join your group for a walking tour, including the Varazdin Cemetery, where gorgeous tombstones and quiet paths are overshadowed by tall, leafy trees. Follow back streets to architectural gems, and find some of the city's elegant villas—at one time, Varazdin was Croatia's wealthiest city. Next, continue to Trakoscan Castle, 25 miles (40 km.) west of Varazdin, with a fairytale setting high on a hill. Walk the fortifications with views down to a forested valley, and get a glimpse of Croatia’s tumultuous past in the castle’s displays of weapons and armor. After exploring the castle, walk to the nearby lake, then meet back up with the driver/guide for the return trip to Zagreb.
- Walking tour of Varazdin with licensed local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional English speaking guide
Program does not include:
- Airline tickets
- Meals and drinks not mentioned above
- Travel Insurance
- Gratuities, Personal expenses
Responsible organizer Obzor putovanja.